I do my best to turn people into smart, honest marketers.
So… I thought that I would share with you a list of five things that I have a hard time with.
1. I don’t like when a marketer’s email subject starts with “Re:”. This is his attempt to make me think that we have an ongoing conversation. (I just got one of those from Ben Shaffer.)
2. I don’t like when a marketer lies about the number of products that he is selling. For example, a few weeks ago, the number one selling ClickBank product of the week had on its website in big bold letters “Only 250 copies will be sold”. Really? then how the heck did it become the best selling product of the week! Liar!
3. I don’t like marketers that send me copy and pasted sales pitches over and over again. Give me something of value at some point!
4. I don’t like marketers that send out promos and call everybody that they promote their “friend”. For instance, “My good friend Frank Kern has a new video that you should see.” If he is your friend, then fine. If he’s not, don’t try and pretend that you are the center of some inner circle that doesn’t exist!
5. I don’t like marketers that send out top five lists.
Do you have anything to add? Make a comment post below to let me and the rest of the world know what you don’t like. By the way, I know that most of you have twisted senses of humor, so I tried to beat you to the punch with that last one!